Careers for university graduates

Assessment of foreign qualifications

Assessments are carried out by the Swedish Council for Higher Education. Its task is to assess and recognise foreign qualifications for the purposes of employment in Sweden.

If you have completed higher education outside Sweden (minimum 2 years), you can have it assessed by ENIC-NARIC Sweden. You then obtain a statement that indicates which Swedish degree your education corresponds to.

Occupations requiring authorisation (regulated professions)

Certain professions are regulated which means there are stipulated conditions for work within such an occupation. To be able to work in such a profession you must first seek recognition from the relevant authority.


Korta vägen

Korta vägen is run by the Swedish employment service in co-operation with higher education institutions at several locations around Sweden.

Korta vägen combines language studies, civic education, subject knowledge and work placements and runs for about 26 weeks. The training does not lead to any exam certificate but is intended mainly to improve your job prospects in your profession.

If you are interested in Korta vägen you should contact your employment officer or seek information directly at Training Providers:

Training Providers

This site contains information about the Swedish society and is run by the County Administrative Boards of Sweden
© Copyright 2016 County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland

We use cookies to give you a better user experience. By continuing to surf on you accept cookies.

Read more about cookies