The local association of Rädda barnen, had during the activity year 2012-2013, worked with a number of projects on children’s vulnerability and child abuse in Uppsala County.
The work was organised around four seminars, which discussed violence, bullying, child poverty and child labour. A number of people from various child-related organisations in Uppsala participated in the seminars.
The local association provides economic support to:
- Unaccompanied asylum-seeking minors
- Schools for children with intellectual disabilities and resource schools
- Children with special needs, in collaboration with the Academic Hospital (Akademiska Sjukhuset)
- Different family centres, with the help of donations
- Café Genomfarten – an open and drug-free gathering place for the youth.