Växjö Red Cross Circle organises several integration-promoting organisations for the newly arrived in Växjö municipality. With the help of nearly 200 volunteers, we provide support to several target groups each day.
- On Mondays and Wednesdays, help with homework is arranged and language training is provided to those who need support in language and with homework.
- Once a week, a swimming course for women with a foreign background, is provided.
- Mentor till Mentor (mentor to mentor) is a sponsoring activity which offers the newly arrived individuals and families a Swedish speaking sponsor/sponsor family to promote integration in the society through language, culture and society.
- Kompis till Kompis (Friend to friend) is a sponsoring activity, which offers unaccompanied young people a Swedish speaking friend to promote integration in the society.
- We offer activities and language training to asylum seekers at the refugee camps.