Contact with health services

When you talk to someone who works in healthcare – for example a doctor or a nurse – you have to tell them yourself what your need is. It is you who knows most about the problem you have.

Everyone who works in healthcare is bound by professional confidentiality. This means they may not tell anyone else about you and your health problems.

If you have a mother tongue other than Swedish, you are entitled to an interpreter when in contact with health services. Please mention when making an appointment that you want to have an interpreter. The interpreter is also bound by professional confidentiality.


< Previous page

Next page >

Back to menu

This site contains information about the Swedish society and is run by the County Administrative Boards of Sweden
© Copyright 2016 County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland

We use cookies to give you a better user experience. By continuing to surf on you accept cookies.

Read more about cookies