Barnbidrag (Child allowance)

Children who live in Sweden have the right to child allowance (barnbidrag). This is money that is paid from the month after the birth of the child or later if the child moves to Sweden. Child allowance is paid up to and including the quarter when the child reaches 16. Read more on Försäkringskassan's website.


Go to page Important words

This site contains information about the Swedish society and is run by the County Administrative Boards of Sweden
© Copyright 2016 County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland

We use cookies to give you a better user experience. By continuing to surf on you accept cookies.

Read more about cookies