Personbevis (Population registration certificate)

​You may need a national registration certificate when you are going to:

  • Get an identity card (but not when you apply for an ID card from then Tax Agency)
  • Apply to study programmes or schools or for grants
  • Apply for Swedish citizenship
  • Apply for divorce
  • Have a foreign passport, alien’s passport or a similar document.

A national registration certificate shows the information that is registered about you in the Tax Agency's population register database. A national registration certificate is not valid as an identity document.
Read more on the Tax Agency's website.

Go to page Important words

This site contains information about the Swedish society and is run by the County Administrative Boards of Sweden
© Copyright 2016 County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland

We use cookies to give you a better user experience. By continuing to surf on you accept cookies.

Read more about cookies