Sickness pay and Sickness benefit

You are eligible for compensation if you become ill or get an injury. This is paid as sickness pay instead of the normal salary from your employer (for the first two weeks) or as sickness benefit from Försäkringskassan (if you are away from work for more than two weeks). You have to report sick to your employer on the first day you are unable to work due to illness or injury. You will not receive any compensation on the first day, but from the second day your employer will give you sickness pay for the next two weeks, after which sickness benefit may be paid to you by Försäkringskassan. To be eligible for sickness benefit you have to have had a salaried job. Read more on Försäkringskassan's website.

Go to page Important words

This site contains information about the Swedish society and is run by the County Administrative Boards of Sweden
© Copyright 2016 County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland

We use cookies to give you a better user experience. By continuing to surf on you accept cookies.

Read more about cookies