Underhållsbidrag (Child support)

Money that a parent, who is not living with their child, has to contribute to the child’s maintenance. This applies both if you have joint custody and if one of you has sole custody. When the child lives about the same amount with both of you this is counted as alternating residence and neither parent is obliged to pay child support. It is the child that is entitled to child support. But it is the residential parent who receives the money on behalf of the child. Parents normally have a maintenance obligation until their child reaches 18 years of age. For children who are still attending upper secondary school or a similar institution, the parent has a maintenance obligation until the day their child reaches 21 years of age. Read more at Försäkringskassan.

Go to page Important words

This site contains information about the Swedish society and is run by the County Administrative Boards of Sweden
© Copyright 2016 County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland

We use cookies to give you a better user experience. By continuing to surf on informationsverige.se you accept cookies.

Read more about cookies