Uppehållstillstånd (Residence permit)

A foreign citizen who wants to stay in Sweden for more than three months must have a residence permit. A person who is given a refugee status declaration, a subsidiary protection status declaration or a status declaration as a person otherwise in need of protection is granted a permanent residence permit or a temporary residence permit that is valid for at least three years. Read more on Migrationsverket's website.

Go to page Important words

This site contains information about the Swedish society and is run by the County Administrative Boards of Sweden
© Copyright 2016 County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland

We use cookies to give you a better user experience. By continuing to surf on informationsverige.se you accept cookies.

Read more about cookies