Start you own business

Last updated: 6 8 2018

Starting your own business can be a good alternative to looking for a job in Sweden.

If you have a temporary residence permit

You can apply for a permanent residence permit if you are earning a sufficient amount of money from your business when your temporary residence permit expires.

In order to get a permanent residence permit you have to:

  • Have considerable experience of the trade you are in.
  • Have previous experience of running your own business.
  • Have knowledge of Swedish and/or English that is relevant to your business.
  • Prove that you are the person running the business.
  • Have the determining responsibility for the business.
  • Own at least half of the business.
  • Earn enough money to support yourself.
  • Have enough money to run the business and earn money for the next two years.