Finances, money and bills

Last updated: 28 6 2019

Read here about the introduction benefit and how to get a bank account when you have been granted a residence permit in Sweden. There is also information here about taxes, bills, insurance policies and various forms of financial support.

Introduction benefit

If you are participating in Arbetsförmedlingen's introduction programme you can apply for an introduction benefit. If you have children or live alone in your own home you may also be entitled to other benefits.

Banks and bank accounts

In order to manage your personal finances you need to have a bank account and get access to various banking services.

Home equipment loans from CSN

If you have recently been granted a residence permit in Sweden you may be able to borrow money from Centrala Studiestödsnämnden, CSN. You can then borrow money to buy furniture and other things for your home. These loans are called home equipment loans.

Managing your finances in Sweden

There are things that are important for you to know in order for you to be able to manage your finances in Sweden. For example, how to pay taxes and bills, or how insurance policies and various forms of financial support work.

Choose an area to read more about: