Finding a job
Last updated: 22 3 2018
There are many ways that you can look for a job.
- You can go to Arbetsförmedlingen and check advertisements for available jobs.
- You can contact a temporary work agency, which is a company that leases staff to various employers.
- You can contact a recruitment agency, which is a company that finds potential employees for companies that want to employ new staff.
- You can reply to advertisements for work published in daily newspapers or on the internet.
- You can contact an employer directly.
- You can ask around among people you know.
Arbetsförmedlingen has produced short information films to help you when you're looking for work.
Professions in Sweden
Yrkesguiden (the professions guide) can help you if you're uncertain about what job would suit you, or what the possibilities for your profession are in Sweden. Yrkesguiden is a digital tool developed by Arbetsförmedlingen.
Yrkesguiden has information about:
- What different professions involve.
- What the chances are of getting a job in a certain profession.
- What training and experience you should have in order to get a job in various professions.
There are also films that describe several of the professions.
Yrkesguiden has been translated into English, Arabic, Persian, Somali and Tigrinya.