Begin your new life in Sweden

Last updated: 19 6 2019

Read here about what you need to do and what public authorities you need to contact when you have been granted a residence permit.

Skatteverket (Swedish Tax Agency)
Arbetsförmedlingen (Public Employment Service)
  • Visit Arbetsförmedlingen

    It is important that you contact Arbetsförmedlingen as soon as possible after you have received a decision on your residence permit. Arbetsförmedlingen will determine if you are eligible to participate in the introduction programme. Remember to take the decision you received from the Migration Agency with you. Only after that can you apply for an introduction benefit from Försäkringskassan and begin doing activities to prepare you for a job or studies.

Försäkringskassan (The Swedish Social Insurance Agency)