Last updated: 24/8-2023

If you have any questions about the website, please find contact information here.

This website has been created to make things easier for you as a newly arrived person in Sweden. If you have any questions about how things work in Sweden, or e g about how to apply for asylum, you have to ask the government agency that handles each matter.

Who can answer my questions?

Questions about asylum, migration, work permits, residence permits etc should be directed to the Migration Agency. It is the authority that examines applications from people who want to settle in Sweden, visit it, seek protection from persecution or who want Swedish citizenship.

If you have questions about jobseeking, introduction initiatives etc, contact Arbetsförmedlingen.

If you want to know more about civic orientation courses for some newly arrived refugees, or about Swedish for immigrants, you should contact your municipality.

If you need to know more about introduction benefits and their payment, contact Försäkringskassan.

If you have questions about personal identity numbers, national registration certificates or the population register, contact the Tax Agency.

If you have any questions or suggestions about the contents of this website, or if you are having technical difficulties with it, contact us at We can only reply to emails in Swedish or English.